It is true that fashion of body piercing is very much in these days. But apart from flaunting piercing styles, one should be careful enough in taking proper care of the p[pierced area to avoid any kind of infection to affect the body.
* Once you get body part pierced, it is true that one often suffers from the threat of getting the pierced part infected by allergies. So, first and foremost, one should avoid touching the pierced area frequently. Even if it is necessary to touch the pierced part, you should wash hands with an anti-bacterial soap before touching.
* Everyday, make sure you clean the dirt deposited near the pierced area at least once to avoid any sort of allergy to take place. Ideally, one should clean the piercing area thrice a day. For cleaning you can make use of cotton balls. To dry the area, use paper towel instead of bathing towel.
* It is important for you to avoid your pierced site getting in contact with ingredients like alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or bet-dine, otherwise you may get affected by allergies and infections in a dangerous way.
* Once piercing is done, increase the intake of vitamin C sources in your diet. This will help in fastening your healing process. Avoid wearing makeup on pierced area to avoid any kind of infection to take place.
* If you love swimming or any other water related adventure, then stop it for sometime till you get properly healed and cured from piercing otherwise severe infection can affect you.
* Unless your body part gets completely healed, avoid sleeping by putting your face down on the pillow.
* If redness and swelling troubles you even after two weeks of getting your body part pierced, consult the doctor immediately and follow his or her instructions.