Sports and nutrition are directly related to each other. Taking into consideration the fact that sportspersons need more energy to carry out their sporting activity effectively, it becomes of prime importance to take care of the nutrition for sports performance. Careful planning and implementation is required, when it comes to athlete sports nutrition. Read further to explore information about sports nutrition diet…
As far as the nutritional diet of sportsperson is concerned, there are lot many things that deserve proper attention like selection of foods, timing of food intake, selection of nutrition supplement and many more. These things are again decided, keeping in mind several factors like the athletes' energy needs, body composition, nutritional needs etc.
Here are some sports nutrition diet tips:
* There is a need to consume fats and infact 20-25% of your energy should come from fats. If the fat intake would be less than that, it won’t be able to make any contribution in boosting your performance level.
* There is a need to eat food before, during and after your exercise session, as that helps to control blood glucose level, thereby helping in enhancing your sports performance.
* When an athlete performs his/her sporting activity, lot of fluid loss takes place, which causes dehydration. Dehydration can eventually cause heat stroke. So, it is vital to drink adequate water during and after your sports performance.
* It is advisable for sportspersons to eat a balanced diet consisting of plenty of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Opt for complex carbohydrate food and the intake of fat should be in moderate quantities.
* It is vital to plan out your pre exercising or sports meal that works best towards charging your energy. Limit the quantity of salt and simple sugar.
* Don’t change your diet plan before going in for your sports competition.
* Fasting is not recommended for sportspersons, as it is likely to hamper their performance level.
* If you feel some kind of an uncomfort or pain in your abdomen or intestine, then you must have had a high fiber or high fat content food in your pre exercise/sports meal, so take care that it doesn’t happen again.
Foods to Avoid for Performance
Food is a decisive factor, when it comes to the performance of a sports activity. Even if you strictly follow a diet plan, the food that you eat just before and after your performance can affect your physical as well as your mental health.
List of Foods a Sportsman Can Eat
It is indeed a mandatory requirement for sports persons to keep a check on what they eat. As what they eat ultimately reflects in their performance.
Pregame Meal Guidelines
It is mandatory for an athlete to eat right and stay fit. Specially before participating in some game, it is extremely important for them to check upon what they consume.
Sports Drink Nutrition
Sports drinks are gaining popularity among people, especially youngsters, as they give a boost to the endurance level. Recommendation of sports drink is based on a number of factors like type of sport