The common problem faced is hair loss which can occur due to one or more of the following reasons:
* Harsh shampoos which have a strong chemical base
* Pollutants in the air
* Hair colours, perming and straightening lotions
* Physical weakness and lack of proper nutrition
Natural Tips for Healthy Hair
* Massage the Scalp with pure coconut oil. This will also help for growth of hair.
* Apply the warm mixture of olive oil, lemon juice and coconut oil. Do a steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes and wash the hair with a shampoo.
* Apply coconut oil which has been boiled with small onions. Wash it off with a mixture of green gram powder and water drained from cooked (boiled) rice.
* Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
* Mix Shikakai powder with the water drained from the cooked rice and wash the hair with it.
* Apply a paste of fenugreek and mustard to the scalp.
* Crush the leaves of five petal hibiscus flower and take the juice. Wash the hair with this juice.
* Heat the oil with a little camphor. Apply the oil in the scalp and massage for 10 minutes. After 30 minutes wash the hair with a herbal shampoo. Do the steam -towel- wrap for 15 minutes.
For Healthy and Shiny hair
* It is better to apply castor oil for a healthy growth of hair.
* Wash hair with tea once in a week.
* Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
* Apply besan in the hair and wash it with water drained from the cooked rice.
* Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Wash it after some time.
* Soak a handful of gooseberry in a cup of milk for two hours. Make it as a paste and apply in the hair.
* Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Let it soak. Cover your head with a hot towel and wash your hair after an hour or so.
* Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning.
* Do a 'steam-towel-wrap' once in a while, if your cuticles are damaged, as this steaming opens out the pores and absorbs the oil.
* Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
* Soak 1 teaspoon fenugreek in curd and keep it for a night. Have it in the next morning.
* Boil coconut oil with the juices of curry leaves, basil, hibiscus flower and gooseberry. Apply on hair, keep it for sometime and rinse.
* Egg white and curd is a good conditioner for hair.
* Take a cup of coconut and mustard oils. Soak half a cup of curry leaves in the oil mixture and keep it for a night. Next morning, heat on a slow fire till the curry leaves turn crisp. Remove from heat and add two to three camphor balls. Allow oil to cool and then strain. Apply oil to hair roots using cotton wool along the parting and massage in circular movements. Leave the oil overnight and shampoo the next morning. Repeat twice a week.
* Add a lemon peel to a 'shikakai' and 'amla' mixture while washing your hair.
* Take a little Mehandi , an egg, juice of half a lemon, one table spoon of instant coffee powder. Mix it together and apply on the hair. Wash it after 45 minutes.
* Boil one cup of dried gooseberry with 4 cups of water. Add a pinch of sugar in it. Keep boiling till the quantity of the liquid reduces to one cup. Mix 2 cups of Mehendi, an egg, juice of a lemon and the gooseberry solution and apply on hair. Wash the hair after two hours.