Fruit acids have shown a positive effect in oily skin treatment. They remove oil from the skin and yet retain the moisture. Home remedies such as cucumber juice, lime juice and yogurt are effective in keeping oily skin under control. A mask of Aloe Vera, crushed strawberries and yogurt is an astringent for oily skin. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Some simple home remedies for oily skin:
* Puree 1 egg white, 1-tsp. Lemon juice, 1-tsp. Mint and ½ cucumber and apply it on the face for about 15 minutes.
* A puree of fresh tomatoes works wonders on oily skin.
* A facemask of tomato, lemon juice and oats must be applied on the cheeks, forehead and chin. Scrub your face with warm water. This home remedy for oily skin is ideal for blemishes.
* A clay mask is yet another home remedy for oily skin since it draws out excess oil.
* If your skin is excessively oily, mix in a few drops of eau de cologne. This not only helps keep oiliness away but also helps in refining the pores of the skin by acting as astringent, thereby preventing acne.
Take a diet that is rich in proteins, with plenty of leafy vegetables and fresh fruits. Restrict sugar and high-fat foods and junk food. Supplement your food with wheat germ, nutritional yeast and whole grains, beans and nuts. Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and flush out toxins.